Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy 7th Birthday Little Man


Today as everyone can probably understand wasn't the easiest day in so many ways, but I did keep a very deep sense of peace at least, which has surprised me - especially as the weekend was so difficult. I think it was my gift from Josh. It is so like him to be giving me the gifts on HIS birthday!

We had a really nice picnic lunch at Middleton Beach, pinched some roses for Josh's plaque (I could hear his evil little cackle as I did it!) and sent him some balloons to add to the angel party I am sure was going on just beyond our reach.

Thank you to everyone who called, texted and posted for us, it means so much that Josh is remembered and still much loved. He gave us so many gifts in his time here and us honouring his life is the most important thing we can do for him.
The pain doesn't lessen with time contrary to popular belief, it just moves deeper inside you and you learn to grow around it. That's how I like to think of it, with Josh still being at the core of our family and celebrating our milestones right beside us. In fact it's what gets me up in the morning. I don't want Josh feeling sad I am not making to most of the opportunities I have to enjoy life and enrich other people's lives.
Today and always, so proud and grateful to be Josh's mumma forever. Sending you angel kisses darling, still wishing on rainbows and shooting stars. XXX

1 comment:

Mum said...

It was lovely to spend such a special time together, and I too felt the peace. It still hurts like hell and we will never forget, but as you said, you learn to grow around the pain, and somehow keep going as Josh would have wanted. XXXXXXX